Fire destroys goods worthy K21, 000 in Kabwe

0
404

THE SUN REPORTER writes

@SunZambian

A fire yesterday morning gutted a shop at BAMEPA General Dealers Complex in Kabwe destroying goods worthy K21, 000.

Central province police commissioner Chola Katanga confirmed the incident which started in the gutted shop around 06.00hours.

Quick action by the fire brigade, who rushed to the scene, managed to quench the fire which is suspected to have been started by an electric fault, and stopped it from spreading to the other shops at the complex.

Owner of the gutted shop, Florence Litiya, who arrived at scene around 09:00hours, simply watched in disbelief as she struggled to control her tears. 

According to one eye witness, Esther Phiri, who traders at the nearby Kasanda Market, she notified the market master from Kabwe Municipal Council immediately she saw fire coming out of the affected shop and the latter called the fire brigade.

Christabel Kateneka, a ‘salaula’ trader, said she rushed to BAMEPA Complex after her neighbour, who had gone for orders at Kasanda market, told her about the fire but luckily found that it had already been quenched before it reached her shop.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here