Katete house in fire mishap

0
413

LINDA SOKO TEMBO Writes

@SunZambian

GOODS worth hundreds of Kwacha were in the early morning of Tuesday destroyed after a house in Katete’s Ibex compound in Eastern Province caught fire.

The house of Mr Anderson Mwanza got burnt between 03:00 and 04:00 hours after a door curtain caught fire from a nearby candle.

In an interview, his brother Mr Zindikilani Mwanza, said curtain caught fire from a candle, which was left in the house as older members of the family left for the maize fields.

“The fire started between 03:00 and 04:00 hours and at the time there were only children sleeping. The candle was expected to be put off by children as they prepared to go to school. “We are happy that the children were rescued and none of them was burnt,” he said.

He further explained that the family had not come up with the exact value of the damage however   bags of maize, sofas, cupboard in the living room and the entire kitchen were reduced to ashes.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here