Napsa shines, Nkana win in CAF openers


CONTINENTAL debutants NAPSA Stars have started on a high in the CAF Confederation Cup following their 1-5 rout of Ngazi in their first round preliminary match played at the Stade Moroni Malouzoni Stadium in Comoros on Sunday.

And Zambian Champions Nkana have given themselves an advantage going into the second leg following their one nil away win to Bantu FC of Lesotho.
Nkana got to a flying start in the champions league as Striker Idris Mbombo’s 14 minute goal was enough for Nkana to maintain an advantage for the Zambian Champions.
Nkana hosts Bantu this Saturday in the return leg fixture to be played at the Nkana Stadium in Kitwe.
NAPSA Stars started the match on a high by opening the scores through a Timothy Otieno goal in the 32 minute after benefiting from a Laudt Mavugo assist.
The Zambian side, however, lost possession of the ball in the last 15 minutes of the game and were forced to make a tactical substitution bringing in winger Austin Banda for midfielder Simon Nkhata in the 41 minutes.
NAPSA could have added a second with Timothy Otieno finding the back of the net in the 43 minute which was however ruled for offside.
The game could however not change in complexion with the home side going to the break the dominant side.
NAPSA Stars technical bench made some tactical changes to the team going into the second half introducing Emmanu-el Mayuka and Midfielder Danny Silavwe for strikers Timothy Otieno and Laudt Mavugo in the 57 minute.
The change left Mayuka as the lone striker with captain Dickson Chapa, Daniel Adoko, Jacob Ngulube and Silavwe flooded in midfield.
2012 AfCON golden boot winner Mayuka finally opened his account for NAPSA with the fourth goal for his side in the 73 minute.
The two substitutions immediately changed the game for the visitors who won back possession with Silavwe and Ngulube interchanging control in the midfield.
Silavwe completed his brace in the game scoring in the 57 and 63 minute respectively to make to make it nil for the visi-tors.
The Pensioners continued dominating possession of the ball with Silavwe and Ngulube having an interchange in mid-field that resulted in the fourth goal scored by Mayuka who benefitted from a Ngulube cross.
The home side pulled one back through a Marianot Rahainjatovo direct free kick but was not enough as Ngulube sealed the win for NAPSA in the last minute of the four minutes added time.
The win has given NAPSA an advantage of progressing to the first round of the competition and face FC Songo of Mozambique who are on bye from the preliminary round.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here